I am forever confused between my plain silver keys. This may sound ridiculous, but I have three of them on my key chain that are similar in size and seldom needed. Whenever I do need one, I have to try 2 or 3 before I find the right one. I thought it might help if they looked slightly different. Today I decided to “upcycle” them into new versions of themselves.
First, I picked out some fun colors of nail polish that I already had on hand:
- The green colors needed 2 to 3 coats to show up, but the blue only needed one.
- The lighter colors should be painted on first, because they won’t cover the dark colors as well as the dark colors will cover them!
- Stick with large patterns (like polka dots, or filling in segments of the key) unless you have the designer tip nail polish (I do, but only in the wrong colors!)
- Wait for layers to partially dry before painting new layers on top (about 5-10 minutes)
- Paint one side at a time, waiting for the entire first side to dry before painting the opposite side (about 1 hour)
Here is my result: